Tower Holdings have developed a Revitalisation Plan for the existing Great Keppel Island Resort and have commenced work on an Environmental Impact Statement for the plan. The key objectives of the GKI Revitalisation Plan are:
- The quality of the Southern Great Barrier Reef improves over the life of the Resort;
- Improved research facilities are made available in the Southern Great Barrier Reef;
- The World Heritage Values of the Great Barrier Reef are actively protected and enhanced;
- The community of Central Queensland have improved access to the Island; and
- Any environmental impacts are either mitigated or offset through commitments to environmental sustainability.
Water Technology has been engaged to provide coastal engineering input to the Environmental Impact Statement for the GKI revitalisation plan.
Further details can be found at www.gkiresort.com.au