CIVIL / ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER, ADELAIDE
Civil Environmental Engineer, Adelaide
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Civil/Environmental Engineer within our Wastewater/Urban Water team.
The team is seeking a new team member to undertake assessment and design of onsite wastewater systems. The role will complement our expertise in urban water and integrated water management and build on our excellent reputation in land capability assessment, wastewater treatment reuse, and onsite wastewater system design. Ideally, the role would suit a civil/environmental engineer with at least 3-5 years’ experience.
Who we are
As one of Australia’s leading professional consulting companies, Water Technology delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 100 professionals providing support & advice on issues relating to the management of surface water and groundwater resources, watercourses, floodplains and catchments.
In return, we offer remarkable career-shaping opportunities to extend your skills and experience.
Why Water Technology?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee-owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of family-friendly flexible working is central to the way Water Technology does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of achievement, integrity, cooperation, accountability, balance, knowledge and innovation.
About the role
In outer urban and regional areas where no municipal sewage collection and reticulation exists, the treatment and disposal of human waste is reliant on land application, and generally the responsibility of the property owner or developer. The assessment of the land that wastewater is disposed to and the treatment method employed is critical to both public and environmental health. Onsite wastewater assessment and design relies on a knowledge of wastewater treatment, soil mechanics, hydraulic systems, and evaluation of site suitability and risk.
To be seriously considered for this role, you will have:
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Ability to communicate with the public and stakeholders, and explain technical issues in clear and simple terms
- Be both strategic and solution-focused
- A willingness to learn new skills and be innovative with each new project
- A preparedness to engage with regulators, and understand public health and environmental regulations
- Experience with pumping systems and hydraulics
- Ability to work independently, and have experience working in the field
- Solid project management skills
- A commitment to making a difference in the workplace and the broader community
On offer for the successful candidate:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Supportive management and excellent resources
- An excellent, collaborative team environment
- Professional development and support of your career ambitions
- Be part of the Top Techer recognition program
Advantageous to this role would be:
A person with a good sense of humour, works well with little supervision, is committed to client satisfaction and who enjoys working in the field. Having a background in geotechnical survey, soil mechanics, and /or soil science, would be a big advantage.
To apply for the role please send your resume and cover letter to
Please note that due to the volume of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your time and for your interest in working with us.