Coastal Engineer to be based in Brisbane
Water Technology has developed a strong reputation for achieving technical excellence in the delivery of services to Australia’s water, coastal, and environmental sectors. Water Technology is wholly employee owned. Key to our success are our staff, and we encourage an open, innovative and supportive culture. The company actively engages in staff development and training to ensure we provide the best levels of service.
We are a professional, well-respected business. We appreciate and value the contribution of all of our employees, and we provide excellent working conditions, competitive salary and a terrific team environment
This position is an outstanding opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Coastal Engineer to join our team. Water Technology has a well-established coastal business and track record in coastal engineering. The coast and environment team specialise in coastal and estuarine analysis, including engineering and numerical modelling to support investigations associated with the planning and design of ports and harbours, shoreline protection works, climate change vulnerability assessments, geomorphic and environmental studies.
This position has tremendous growth and career development potential for a passionate engineer. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of coastal engineering projects such as coastal structures, dredging and beach nourishment, which may involve feasibility studies, engineering designs, limited numerical modelling, reporting, drafting and construction supervision.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Analysing coastal and estuarine processes
- Expertise with “simple” numerical modelling and analysis tools (e.g. SBeach)
- Involvement with coastal hazard assessments, including coastal risk and adaptation strategies
- Design of maritime and coastal rock structures, foreshore protection works, dredging studies
- Preparation of project construction plans and specifications
- Ensure design conformance to applicable Australian and International Standards
- Preparation of clear and concise engineering reports and other technical documentation
- Ability to prioritise and accomplish multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Develop and manage excellent client relationships
- Preparation of proposals
- Drafting skills (CAD) (highly desirable)
- Basic GIS skills (desirable)
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Appropriate engineering and/or scientific qualification(s)
- 0-10 years of experience in coastal engineering
- Strongly developed written & verbal communication skills
- A commitment to delivering outstanding service & quality to our clients
- Possess strong technical and analytical skills
- Desire, drive and passion for gaining knowledge and experience to advance your career, working in a consulting firm environment
- Self-motivated worker capable of working both independently and in a team setting
A person with a good sense of humour is committed to client satisfaction and who enjoys working in a diverse team environment will fit well with our company culture! This position is based in Brisbane.
An attractive salary package commensurate with experience & qualifications is on offer.
To apply for this role, please email with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae.
Please note that due to the volume of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your time and for your interest in working with us.