Environmental Consultant / Ecologist
Seeking an Environmental Consultant / Ecologist to join our team
Water Technology is one of Australia’s leading water, coastal and environmental consultancies with an open, innovative and supportive culture. Our company is wholly employee owned and has offices in Melbourne, regional Victoria, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
Water Technology is looking for an Environmental Scientist, with at least 2 years’ experience, to join the Waterways and Ecology Team based in Wangaratta, north east Victoria. If you have a passion for waterways and wetlands, enjoy field based work, have strong writing skills and enjoy working in small multi-disciplinary teams, this could be a position for you.
Our Waterways and Ecology Team specialise in waterway, wetland and floodplain assessment and management. Our ecologists also provide flora and fauna assessment and management services to our other Groups across Australia. This work will take you off the floodplain and into the hills, alps and coastal fringe, so versatility and eagerness to apply your skills and knowledge in a range of environments is essential.
A person who has some knowledge or exposure to one or more of the following would be highly regarded:
- Understanding of waterway ecology and management
- The application of condition assessment methods (e.g. Index of Stream/Wetland Condition, Habitat Hectares, Braun-Blanquet cover abundance),
- Development of revegetation plans for riparian areas and wetlands, wetland or waterway rehabilitation projects
- Waterway habitat assessment and management
- Fauna assessments including frog surveys, field assessment and development of No Net Loss reports and Vegetation Offset Management Plan,
- Development of Environmental Effect/Impact Statements and EPBC referrals.
Water Technology offers a fantastic collaborative team culture, the opportunity to own shares in the business, excellent professional development opportunities and an excellent range of varied and interesting projects to work on.
A person who is keen to immerse themselves in the opportunities presented, work to provide excellent quality and service to our clients, and who has a desire to work in a progressive and innovative company who values their people, will fit well in this role.
An attractive salary is on offer commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
To apply for this role, please provide a customised cover letter and current CV to
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and we thank you in advance for your time and interest in working with Water Technology.