Environmental Engineer or Scientist
We are seeking an Environmental Engineer or Scientist to join our team
A Part-Time or Casual Position is now Available
Are you seeking flexibility in your work and a rewarding career?
We are looking for an Environmental Engineer or Scientist with a passion for water management, has some experience hydrologic and hydraulic investigations and analysis. This part-time/casual position will ideally suit someone that requires additional flexibility in their career.
Who we are
As one of Australia’s leading professional consulting companies, Water Technology delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 100 professionals providing support & advice on issues relating to the management of surface water and groundwater resources, watercourses, floodplains and catchments.
Why Water Technology?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee-owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of family-friendly flexible working is central to the way Water Technology does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of achievement, integrity, cooperation, accountability, balance, knowledge and innovation.
Key Responsibilities of this Environmental Engineer or Scientist role include:
- Conduct surface water investigations to establish hydrologic and hydraulic conditions and develop strategic and tactical surface water management plans;
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis using the following software packages: TUFLOW, RORB, MIKE11/12, QGIS and/or ArcGIS, 12D earthworks package and/or CAD
- Preparation of clear and concise technical reports
- Provide drainage infrastructure advice and assessments
- Project manage significant projects in line with budget and timeline constraints
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Appropriate engineering or scientific qualification(s)
- 2-5 years’ experience in the water sector with significant experience in Western Australia
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of technical competence and accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- A commitment to delivering outstanding service & quality to our clients
A person with a good sense of humour, who enjoys working in a collaborative and diverse team environment, is interested in technically challenging work and prospers on client satisfaction will fit well with our company culture.
On offer for the successful candidate:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Supportive management and excellent resources
- An excellent, collaborative team environment
- Professional development and support of your career ambitions
- Be part of the Top Techer recognition program
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter briefly addressing the requirements of the position and a current CV to , or apply via SEEK. We thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water Technology is proud to contribute to increasing the diversity of the Australian workforce. Supporting equity and diversity means supporting opportunities for all candidates to find suitable employment. As an inclusive recruiter and employer, we recognise individual differences, embrace individuals’ strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. Our recruitment upholds the principles of merit and equity, and we welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ and mature age workers.