Experienced Engineer – Floodplain & Catchments Group
Experienced Floodplain Engineer and gun TUFLOW modeller (5 to 10 years) at Water Technology, Melbourne
Are you an experienced floodplain engineer with excellent TUFLOW skills? Do you want to work with a group of people who love their work and have a great reputation across Australia’s water, coastal and environmental sectors?
Water Technology is a well-established employee owned business operating across Australia and overseas. Our key assets are our people and we encourage an open, innovative and supportive culture. The company actively engages in staff development and training to ensure we provide the best level of service to our clients.
Our clients include natural resource management departments and authorities across Australia from all levels of government, the mining industry, land developers, and other consulting companies seeking our specialist skills.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced engineer with top notch TUFLOW modelling skills, to join a group who operate collaboratively and offer flexible working arrangements. The group specialises in rural surface water and floodplain management, with a strength in catchment hydrology, floodplain and wetland hydraulic modelling. We are great at taking technical information and communicating it with our clients, stakeholders and community.
In this role you will complete flood and drainage investigations, design flood mitigation measures, complete environmental projects aiming to conserve and enhance our wetlands and waterways, all while working closely with other Water Technology groups, our clients and stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will:
- enjoy working collaboratively with others
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- have an engineering degree with 5-10 years’ experience
- experience in hydrology and TUFLOW hydraulic modelling
- be familiar with GIS software
- have solid project management skills
- be committed to learning new skills and innovating
- be comfortable presenting and facilitating meetings
Why work with us?
- We are wholly employee owned, and have a collaborative and consultative culture
- Friendly, supportive team who are invested in helping you reach your career goals
- Excellent professional development
- Well-established organisation with an excellent reputation
- Attractive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Flexible working options and paid parental leave
- Overall awesome company delivering innovative, interesting and quality work to a wide range of highly valued client.
An attractive salary package commensurate with experience & qualifications is on offer.
To apply for this role, please apply via Seek with a current CV and a cover letter, outlining your specific interest in this role.
Please note that due to the volume of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your time and for your interest in working with us.