Civil Engineer / Flood Modeller (X2 positions)
Two new Civil Engineer / Flood Modeller positions
We are looking for talented and passionate civil engineer / flood modeller (2 positions available) with a range of experience to join our Melbourne group who operate collaboratively with other regional / interstate offices and offer flexible working arrangements. Our group specialises in urban drainage flood studies, surface water management, WSUD and drainage design as well as integrated water management.
Who we are
Water Technology has a strong reputation for providing support and advice on issues relating to the use and management of our surface water and groundwater resources, waterways, floodplains, catchments, estuaries and coasts.
We are a professional, well respected business that has an established record over nearly 20 years of practice; and is continuing to grow through the commitment and dedication of our team. As we grow, we like to grow with our employee by providing the leadership and training that each person deserves to achieve their potential. We appreciate and value the contribution of all employees and we provide excellent, flexible working conditions, competitive salary and a terrific team environment where we collaboratively strive to achieve our individual, group and company targets.
About the role
In this role you will complete flood and drainage investigations, design flood mitigation measures, complete environmental projects aiming to conserve and enhance our wetlands and waterways, all while working closely with other Water Technology groups, our clients and stakeholders.
To be seriously considered for these roles you will:
- have a civil or environmental engineering degree with (a range) of relevant experience
- have a strong desire to make a difference in the workplace and the broader community, aligning with our company values
- enjoy working collaboratively with others
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- be committed to learning new skills and innovating
- be familiar with GIS software
- good time management
Requirement for the 7+ year’s experience position:
- experience in hydrology and hydraulic modelling (specifically TUFLOW)
- have solid project management skills
- be comfortable presenting and facilitating meetings
Location of the roles:
Water Technology has major offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Geelong, Gold Coast, Wangaratta and Bairnsdale, with smaller home offices scattered around Australia. For the right candidate we will consider any of these locations. Our well-established IT systems allow us to readily communicate without location being a barrier. Our focus is having the right team to provide our clients with the best possible service.
On offer for the successful candidates:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Supportive management and excellent resources
- An excellent collaborative team environment
- Professional development and supportive of your career ambitions
An attractive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications is on offer. Please send your application including separate customised cover letter outlining your suitability for this role via Seek or to .
Please note that due to the volume of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your time and for your interest in working with us.