Experienced Floodplain Engineer (3 to 5 years) for Water Technology’s Catchments and Floodplains Group
Water Technology has developed a strong reputation for achieving technical excellence in the delivery of services to Australia’s water coastal and environmental sectors. Water Technology is wholly employee owned. Our key assets are our people and we encourage an open, innovative and supportive culture. The company actively engages in staff development and training to ensure we provide the best levels of service.
Our clients include the Natural Resource Management Departments and Authorities of NSW, Queensland, SA and Victoria, the Murray Darling Basin Authority, the mining industry within Australia and South East Asia, land developers and other consulting companies seeking our specialist skills.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an engineer with some experience to join our Catchments and Floodplains Group in Water Technology’s Melbourne or Geelong office. The group specialises in rural surface water and floodplain management, with a strength in catchment hydrology, floodplain and wetland hydraulic modelling. We are great at taking technical information and communicating it with our clients, stakeholders and community.
In this role you will complete flood and drainage investigations, design flood mitigation measures, complete environmental projects aiming to conserve and enhance our wetlands and waterways, all while working closely with other Water Technology groups, our clients and stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will:
- enjoy working collaboratively with others
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- have an engineering degree with 3-5 years’ experience
- experience in hydrology and hydraulic modelling
- be familiar with GIS software
- have solid project management skills
- be committed to learning new skills and innovating
- be comfortable presenting and facilitating meetings (depending on years of experience)
Why work with us?
- We are wholly employee owned, and have a collaborative and consultative culture
- Friendly, supportive team who are invested in helping you reach your career goals
- Excellent professional development
- Attractive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Flexible working options and paid parental leave
- Overall awesome company delivering innovative, interesting and quality work to a wide range of highly valued clients
An attractive salary package commensurate with experience & qualifications is on offer. This position has been advertised for our Melbourne or Geelong offices, but with other offices in Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Wangaratta, Bairnsdale and Stawell, there is scope to move to one of our other locations in the future.
To apply for this role, please apply via seek with a current CV and a cover letter to with reference: 0318 Floodplain Engineer in the subject heading, outlining your specific interest in this role.
Please note that due to the volume of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your time and for your interest in working with us.