Senior Hydraulic Engineer – specialist in stormwater management in urban environments
- International business thriving & expanding during the pandemic
- Leading organisation proud to be driving positive changes toward climate change & environmental protection
- Highly respected water and environmental consultancy, 100% employee-owned focused on staff and client satisfaction
Water Technology’s vision is to deliver innovative water management solutions to secure the health and safety of the community and environment that we live in for the next generations to come. We deliver iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 100 professionals providing support & advice on issues relating to the management of the coastal zone, surface water and groundwater resources, watercourses, floodplains and catchments.
We have continuously adapted to the COVID-19 health pandemic with a remote workforce and have stepped up to the challenge. Routine, trust & support, process & structure have underpinned the success of our business.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced senior hydraulic engineer, ideally with wetlands and waterways design skills. Join our high performing team specialising in stormwater management in urban environments. We’d love to speak to you if you share a similar purpose to advance our cause and have the following skills;
- Knowledge and experience in hydrological, hydraulic and water quality
- Experience in the Development Industry
- Knowledge of the Planning Scheme and guidelines (development and drainage related)
- 12d skills
- Drainage Infrastructure Design
- Self-confidence to express your technical argument
- Good client communication (i.e. attend and ideally lead meetings and talk about the technical to a non-technical audience)
- Able to work under short timeframe delivery
- Hydrological and/or hydraulic modelling (preferable but not essential)
For the right team member to join our organisation, we will provide:
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Supportive management and excellent resources
- Collaborative team environment based on core values
- Professional development and support of your career aspirations
- Family-friendly flexible and supportive working environment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter demonstrating the value you can bring to our organisation and a CV to SEEK only. Or for a confidential conversation, please contact Kim McAuliffe, People & Culture Manager at (03) 8526 0800.
**Applicants will be assessed as they arrive, therefore if you have an interest, we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water Technology is proud to contribute to the increasing diversity of the Australian workforce. Supporting equity and diversity means supporting opportunities for all candidates to find suitable employment. As an inclusive recruiter and employer, we recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. Our recruitment upholds the principles of merit and equity, and we welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ and mature age workers.