Senior Coastal Engineer
Water Technology has developed a strong reputation for achieving technical excellence in the delivery of services to Australia’s water, coastal, and environmental sectors. Water Technology is wholly employee owned. Our key assets are our staff, and we encourage an open, innovative and supportive culture. The company actively engages in staff development and training to ensure we provide the best levels of service.
We are a professional, well respected business. We appreciate and value the contribution of all of our employees, and we provide excellent working conditions, competitive salary and a terrific team environment.
This position is an outstanding opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Coastal Engineer to join our team. Water Technology has a well-established coastal business and track record in coastal engineering. The coast and environment team specialise in coastal and estuarine analysis, including engineering and numerical modelling to support investigations associated with the planning and design of ports and harbours, shoreline protection works, climate change vulnerability assessments, geomorphic and environmental studies.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing key projects to ensure output is of a technically high standard;
- Building strong relationships with our clients through fostering ongoing relationships with our client base and providing opportunities to continue to develop and grow our coastal capabilities; and
- Working closely with our floodplain, stormwater, groundwater, waterways, and ecology groups to deliver projects.
From a technical perspective this role covers the following areas:
- Involvement with/leading maritime projects including design of maritime and coastal structures and dredging studies;
- Involvement with/leading coastal and estuarine processes investigations (hydraulics, sediment transport and water quality) including expertise with appropriate numerical modelling and analysis tools; and
- Involvement with/leading coastal hazard assessments including coastal risk and adaptation.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Appropriate engineering qualification(s)
- 8+ years of experience in coastal engineering,
- Strongly developed written & verbal communication skills
- A commitment to delivering outstanding service & quality to our clients
A person with a good sense of humor, works well with little supervision, is committed to client satisfaction and who enjoys working in a team environment will fit well with our company culture! The position is based in Brisbane.
An attractive salary package commensurate with experience & qualifications is on offer.
To apply for this role, please email
With a cover letter and curriculum vitae and reference “Senior Coastal Engineer” in the subject line.