Senior Hydraulic Engineer
Senior Hydraulic Engineer (Gold Coast, Brisbane)
Deliver iconic and innovative water management solutions and drive positive changes toward community resilience, climate change and environmental protection.
- Excellent salary along with generous Working From Home options
- Career Development: comprehensive support for career progression is provided
- Work hours to suit your family and an option to purchase additional annual leave
Why do we hire hydraulic engineers?
Water Technology’s vision is to deliver innovative water management solutions to secure the health and safety of the community and environment that we live in for future generations. We need world-class engineers, scientists and modellers who can exercise their flood and hydraulic modelling skills to deliver best practice solutions to our clients and assist in achieving our corporate objectives.
The right team member will have:
- 10+ years of experience in hydrological and hydraulic modelling
- Significant teamwork skills and associated positive work attitudes
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of National and Local Government Planning Scheme development and drainage related guidelines
- Advanced technical skills including flood (TUFLOW, MIKE) and hydrology (RAFTS, URBS) modelling packages
- The ability to work under short delivery timeframe and to mentor intermediate and junior engineers
- CP Eng/RPEQ accreditation will be highly regarded
- Tendering, performance and delivery of hydrological and hydraulic modelling studies
- Manage and run your projects
- Work on exciting and innovative technical reports
- Acting as the team lead for shared group projects across the business
- Actively contribute to water sector innovation
Benefits for you:
- Make a difference: every day, drive positive changes toward climate change and environmental protection
- People love working with us: we genuinely value your contribution and care about our teams!
- Access to a diverse community of environmental consultants: opportunities for mentoring, coaching and professional development on day one of your onboarding!
- Share the passion: since we are employee-owned, all staff have an opportunity to buy shares in the company
- Bring your whole self to work: our team has a great sense of humour and love to work hard and have fun!
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter demonstrating the value you can bring to our organisation and a CV to SEEK only. Or for a confidential conversation, please contact Kim McAuliffe, People and Culture Manager at (03) 8526 0800.
** Applications will be assessed as they arrive – therefore if you have an interest we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water Technology is proud to contribute to the increasing diversity of the Australian workforce. Supporting equity and diversity means supporting opportunities for all candidates to find suitable employment. As an inclusive recruiter and employer, we recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. Our recruitment upholds the principles of merit and equity, and we welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTQI+ and mature age workers.