Senior / Principal Hydrogeologist
Senior / Principal Hydrogeologist
Water Technology has a reputation for the delivery of exceptional consulting services to Australia’s water, coastal and environmental sectors. Water Technology is wholly employee owned with a culture that emphasises co-operation, support and professional development. The company actively engages in staff development and training to ensure we provide the best levels of service to our clients and achieve a highly engaged team. We are a professional, well-respected business. We appreciate and value the contribution of all our employees and provide excellent working conditions, competitive salary and a terrific team environment. We embrace a diverse workforce and offer flexible working arrangements and support for working parents.
Water Technology has a well-established groundwater business in Adelaide and a new team in Perth, and we have a track record in solving complex groundwater problems across Australia. We work with Federal, State and Local Government, developers, mining, natural resource managers and water utilities, to provide groundwater management solutions in the following key areas:
- Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR)
- Water Supply
- Dewatering (Construction and Mining)
- Borefield and Well Design, including Salt Interception Schemes
- Groundwater Modelling
- Salinity Management
- Monitoring and Environmental Site Assessments
We are growing our Hydrogeology business and have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Senior / Principal Hydrogeologist or Groundwater Engineer with business development skills to join our team in Melbourne.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Reinforcing our hydrogeology presence in the Victorian market and building brand recognition by developing strong relationships with new and existing clients and developing and strengthening professional networks.
- Working closely with our Adelaide and Perth groundwater groups to efficiently identify opportunities, win work, build the practice and deliver excellent project outcomes for clients.
- Working closely with other teams and disciplines within Water Technology including floodplain, stormwater, waterways, coastal and ecology groups to identify cross-selling opportunities and deliver integrated projects;
- Managing key projects to ensure output is of a technically high standard;
- Gathering accurate, and current, market data for strategic planning and development of the hydrogeology business.
- Providing specialist knowledge and skills within a multidisciplinary setting.
The technical and growth requirements of the role will be driven by the skills and capabilities of the successful applicant. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will lead and undertake complex hydrogeological projects with strong support from the national hydrogeology capability.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Appropriate scientific or engineering qualification(s) with 8+ years of experience in hydrogeology or groundwater engineering
- High level of personal drive and confidence
- Strongly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently but also a willingness to collaborate with interstate teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow industry networks and client relationships
- A successful track record of tendering for, winning and delivering groundwater projects
- Project management expertise and experience
- A commitment to delivering outstanding service & quality to our clients
A person with a good sense of humour, delivers well with little supervision, is committed to client satisfaction and who enjoys working in a team environment will fit well with our company culture!
An attractive salary package commensurate with experience & qualifications is on offer.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter briefly addressing the requirements of the role and a current CV to:
We thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.