SENIOR / PRINCIPAL LAND DEVELOPMENT, WATERWAYS DESIGN ENGINEER
Senior / Principal Land Development, Waterways Design Engineer
Deliver iconic and innovative water management solutions and drive positive changes toward community benefits, climate change and environmental protection.
- Excellent salary along with generous Working From Home options
- Career Development: comprehensive support for career progression provided
- Work hours to suit your family and option to purchase additional annual leave
About Water Technology
Water Technology’s vision is to deliver innovative water management solutions to secure the health and safety of the community and environment that we live in for future generations. We employ world-class engineers, scientists and modellers who can exercise their flood and hydraulic modelling skills to deliver best practice solutions to our clients and assist in achieving our corporate objectives.
We are a team of 110 staff across 5 states and 8 offices. We work with both private and public sector clients. We are wholly passionate about the work we do, the ideas we imagine and the solutions we create. Many of our staff have enjoyed long tenures with Water Technology. In return for their commitment and dedication to their peers and other stakeholders, we support their autonomy, listen to their ideas and invest in their professional learning and growth.
The right team member will have:
- 10+ years of experience in concept, functional design, and detailed design of stormwater treatment assets
- Knowledge and experience in hydrological, hydraulic and water quality
- Knowledge of the Planning Scheme and guidelines (development and drainage related)
- Advanced technical skills include 12d, MUSIC modelling,
- Able to work under short delivery timeframe and mentor intermediate and junior engineers
- Design and documentation of hydraulic services
- Manage and run your own projects
- Work on exciting and innovative technical reports
- Acting as the team lead for shared group projects across the business
- Actively contribute to water sector innovation
Benefits for you:
- Make a difference: every day, drive positive changes toward climate change and environmental protection
- People love working with us: we genuinely value your contribution and care about our teams!
- Access to a diverse community of environmental consultants: opportunities for mentoring, coaching and professional development on day one of your onboarding!
- Share the passion: since we are employee-owned, all staff have an opportunity to buy shares in the company
- Bring your whole self to work: our team has a great sense of humour and love to work hard and have fun!
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter demonstrating the value you can bring to our organisation and a CV to SEEK only. Or for a confidential conversation, please contact Kim McAuliffe, People & Culture Manager at (03) 8526 0800.
**Applicants will be assessed as they arrive therefore if you have an interest we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water Technology is proud to contribute to the increasing diversity of the Australian workforce. Supporting equity and diversity means supporting opportunities for all candidates to find suitable employment. As an inclusive recruiter and employer, we recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. Our recruitment upholds the principles of merit and equity, and we welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ and mature age workers.