An outstanding opportunity for an early career scientist or engineer to join us in a spatial analyst role.
Water Technology has developed a strong reputation for achieving technical excellence in the delivery of services to Australia’s water coastal and environmental sectors. Water Technology is wholly employee owned. Our key assets are our staff, and we encourage an open, innovative and supportive culture. The company actively engages in staff development and training to ensure we provide the best levels of service.
Our clients include the Port Authorities, Natural Resource Management Departments and Authorities of NSW, Queensland, SA and Victoria, Councils, land developers and other consulting companies seeking our specialist skills.
We are a professional, well-respected business who appreciate and value the contribution of all of our employees and we provide excellent working conditions, competitive salary and a terrific team environment.
We now have an outstanding opportunity for an early career scientist or engineer to join us in a spatial analyst role. The position will specialise in the application of GIS and spatial technologies for coastal, environmental and water applications.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Data manipulation and analysis
- Mapping & data management
- Report writing
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Engineering or spatial information/geomatics qualification(s)
- Demonstrated interest in the water environment
- Demonstrated interest / experience in spatial technologies applied to the physical sciences, particularly coastal science and oceanography, flooding/stormwater, groundwater
- Ability to be self-motivated and to work autonomously
- A commitment to delivering outstanding service & quality to our clients
A person with a good sense of humour, works well with little supervision, is committed to client satisfaction and who enjoys working in a team environment will fit well with our company culture!
An attractive salary package commensurate with experience & qualifications is on offer. To apply for this role, please apply with a cover letter and curriculum vitae to . Applications will be assessed as they are received.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your time and interest.