Surface Water and Groundwater Scientist or Engineer
Surface Water and Groundwater Scientist or Engineer (Perth Location)
Deliver iconic and innovative water management solutions and drive positive changes for communities, toward climate change and environmental protection.
- Excellent salary along with generous Working From Home options
- Career Development: comprehensive support for career progression provided
- Work hours to suit your family and option to purchase additional annual leave
Who we are
One of Australia’s leading professional consulting companies, Water Technology delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities, and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 100 professionals providing support and advice on issues relating to the management of the coastal zone, surface water and groundwater resources, waterways, floodplains and catchments.
- Conduct surface water investigations to establish hydrologic and hydraulic conditions
- Develop strategic and tactical surface water management plans for urban and mining clients
- Deliver hydrologic and hydraulic analysis using: TUFLOW, RORB, MIKE11/12, HEC-RAS
- Carry out groundwater sampling, testing and rig supervision
- Conduct groundwater investigations, hydrogeological conceptualisation, groundwater impact assessments and groundwater resource evaluations
- Perform spatial analysis using QGIS or ArcGIS
- Preparation of clear and concise technical reports
- Provide drainage infrastructure advice and assessments
- Deliver project tasks in line with project budgets and timelines
The right team member will have:
- Appropriate engineering or scientific qualification(s)
- 2-5 years’ experience in an appropriate water sector with most of the experience gained working in WA
- Experience with GIS software, spatial data analysis and surface water numerical modelling
- Ability to work independently
- A commitment to delivering outstanding services and quality to our clients
Benefits for you:
- Make a difference: every day, drive positive changes toward climate change and environmental protection
- People love working with us: we genuinely value your contribution and care about our teams!
- Access to a diverse community of environmental consultants: opportunities for mentoring, coaching and professional development on day one of your onboarding!
- Share the passion: since we are employee-owned, all staff have an opportunity to buy shares in the company
- Bring your whole self to work: our team has a great sense of humour and love to work hard and have fun!
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter briefly addressing the requirements of the position and a current CV to SEEK only.
NOTE: Applicants will be assessed as they arrive; therefore if you have an interest, we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water Technology is proud to contribute to the increasing diversity of the Australian workforce. Supporting equity and diversity means supporting opportunities for all candidates to find suitable employment. As an inclusive recruiter and employer, we recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. Our recruitment upholds the principles of merit and equity, and we welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ and mature age workers.