Water Engineer / Hydrologist
New position – water engineer / hydrologist for our Perth Office
Water Technology has developed a strong reputation for achieving technical excellence in the delivery of services to Australia’s water, coastal and environmental sectors. Water Technology is wholly employee owned. Our key assets are our people and we encourage an open, innovative and supportive culture. The company actively engages in staff development and training to ensure we provide the best levels of service to our clients and community.
We are a market leader in providing support and advice on issues relating to the use and management of our surface water and groundwater resources, watercourses, floodplains and catchments.
In Western Australia we work closely with the mining sector, land developers, local councils, government agencies and other consulting companies seeking our specialist skills. As we are a national company we also work together with our other offices in South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
We are a professional, well respected business that has an established record over nearly 20 years of practice; and is continuing to grow through the commitment and dedication of our team. We appreciate and value the contribution of all employees and we provide excellent, flexible working conditions, competitive salary and a terrific team environment.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Conduct surface water investigations to establish hydrologic and hydraulic conditions and develop strategic and tactical surface water management plans for mining operations;
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis using the following software packages: TUFLOW, RORB, MIKE11/12, QGIS and/or ArcGIS, 12D earthworks package and/or CAD
- Preparation of clear and concise technical reports
- Provide drainage infrastructure advice and assessments
- Project manage significant projects in line with budget and timeline constraints
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Appropriate engineering or scientific qualification(s)
- 2-5 years’ experience in the water sector with the majority gained working in the mining industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of technical competence and accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- A commitment to delivering outstanding service & quality to our clients
A person with a good sense of humour, works well with little supervision, is committed to client satisfaction and who enjoys working in a diverse team environment will fit well with our company culture!
An attractive salary package commensurate with experience & qualifications is on offer.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter briefly addressing the requirements of the role and a current CV to: .
We thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.