Senior Coastal Engineer or Scientist
Senior Coastal Scientist or Engineer (NSW)
Deliver iconic and innovative coastal and estuary management solutions and drive positive changes toward community resilience, climate change adaptation and environmental protection.
- Excellent salary along with generous Working From Home options
- Work hours to suit your family and an opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Work on a range of challenging and innovative coastal projects across NSW and nationally
About Water Technology
Water Technology’s vision is to deliver innovative water management solutions to secure the health and safety of the community and environment that we live in for future generations. We employ world-class engineers, scientists and modellers who can exercise their technical skills to deliver best practice solutions to our clients.
We are a company of over 110 staff across five states and eight offices. We work with both private and public sector clients. We are passionate about the work we do, the ideas we imagine and the solutions we create.
Our team of coastal engineers and scientists are experts in coastal and estuary management, coastal hazard analysis, numerical modelling, coastal engineering design, beach nourishment, and dredging projects. We are growing our operations in NSW and need a Senior Coastal Engineer or Scientist to join our team of experts – and deliver high-quality projects for our public and private sector clients across the state.
The role is ideally based in our Parramatta office; however, we would be willing to discuss options for the position to be regionally based under a working from home arrangement for an outstanding candidate.
The right team member will have:
- 7+ years of consulting experience in the coastal management and/or coastal engineering space.
- Outstanding written communication skills with the ability to deliver client reports presenting technical information and analysis in a clear, concise and easy to understand format.
- The ability to be confident and personable with strong oral communication and customer service skills.
- Business insights, expertise and knowledge of coastal management in NSW, and a track record of delivering coastal and estuary management projects.
- A strong Technical understanding of coastal and estuary processes. Skills and experience in wave, hydrodynamic and morphological modelling are desirable, but not essential.
- Good organisational and project management skills.
- Significant teamwork skills and a strategic and collaborative approach.
- Highly motivated & well-positioned to build & expand our enterprise in the NSW region.
Essential: An Engineering or Science Degree and experience working on discipline-specific (coastal) projects
Desirable: Postgraduate qualifications/ specialisation in civil/ water/ coastal engineering or science
- Undertake investigations, studies, and analyses across a range of projects that relate to coastal processes, coastal management, and/or coastal engineering.
- Prepare project documentation such as technical reports, proposals, and design documentation.
- Show independence and high-level technical performance in all skills and responsibilities.
- Manage projects up to $100k in size, including, including financial management, quality management, invoicing and client liaison.
- Demonstrate awareness of the commercial and business side of projects, contribute to business development, and help grow the business in NSW.
- Deliver high-quality expert advice and manage stakeholders internally & externally.
- Organise and manage tenders and bids for our public and private sector clients.
- Work on exciting and innovative projects in coastal and estuary management space.
- Consult and engage with colleagues located right across the country, from a range of technical disciplines
Benefits for you:
- Our company culture – people love working with us: we genuinely value your contribution and care about our teams!
- We provide flexibility in our work arrangements, with generous Working From Home options that help our employees balance life and work.
- As a multi-disciplinary company, we offer our employees the opportunity to work on a range of interesting and challenging projects.
- As a mid-sized company, we also offer our employees a flexible management approach and a dynamic, agile workplace that allows for enhanced coordination and innovation.
- A national team of experts: Whilst the role is mostly focused on NSW, we also provide the opportunity to work with, and learn from, our national team of coastal exerts – and to work on projects across Australia and internationally.
- Access to a diverse community of environmental consultants: opportunities for mentoring, coaching and professional development on day one of your onboarding!
- Share the passion: since we are employee-owned, all staff have an opportunity to buy shares in the company.
- Bring your whole self to work: our team has a great sense of humour and love to work hard and have fun!
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter demonstrating the value you can bring to our organisation and a CV to SEEK only. Or for a confidential conversation, please contact Kim McAuliffe, People and Culture Manager, at (03) 8526 0800.
**Applicants will be assessed as they arrive – therefore, if you are interested, we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water Technology is proud to contribute to the increasing diversity of the Australian workforce. Supporting equity and diversity means supporting opportunities for all candidates to find suitable employment. As an inclusive recruiter and employer, we recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. Our recruitment upholds the principles of merit and equity, and we welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTQI+ and mature age workers.